Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Plain White Toast (17 Hrs Low temp fermentation)


Though is just a plain white toast, I was very thrilled by the "stretch" round top resulted from the oven spring when the bread just came out from the oven, I reckon I might have achieved the perfect stage of window pane while mixing dough.







Besides, the texture, it is exceptionally soft & spongy, the fermentation dough which i used has been left in the fridge for more than 3 days , could this be the reason as it has given the dough a much "mature" fermentation ? certainly I did check on the dough before adding to the main dough mixture to ensure it did not turn sourish, the aroma of the wheat ease my worries.



This is just like a victory to me as i have overcome the problem of achieving the perfect "stretch mark" for round top loaf which is similiar to achieved squre top on pullman bread tin.


No comments: