Monday, September 8, 2008

Mooncakes



Time really flies, it seems just like yesterday when I started my first mooncakes bake last year after got hold of the "mooncake" recipe book published by Y3K. I focus more on snow skin with custard filling & champagne truffles last year since i was just a beginner , had a small trial on traditional baked towards the end of my baking schedule, it was not that tough as i first thought.
This year, to give a little twist, I started the baked version first, since it require at lease 3 days for the pastry to "stabalize", I personally feel the most details part is the glazing , you really need a good quality brush to tackle this "critical" task as it affect the appearance of your moonies.
One recipe I will not missed is the flaky skin yam paste , I enjoyed most on preparing the pastry dough, but since the yam paste won't keep long, I will have to bake them in a few batches before giving away.



No comments: