Friday, July 31, 2009

Vanilla Chiffon Cake w/Honeycomb Crunch Toffee


Chiffon cakes tends to be many homebakers favourites choice with its unlimited variations . You name it, they have it from fruits ,vegetable ,wine, spices & the list get longer.

My personal favourites chiffon are Orange & Pandan flavour so far, but I do like to explore as many flavours as I could, thus will be embark on a Chiffon project from now on,wish I could at least try out one flavour each week in order to keep up with the practise of getting the right constistency of the meringue- the first key to achieve a perfect chiffon.

This is the 2nd Chiffon I have baked this week, knew that this creation orginated from Starbucks HK & then gradually became one of the chain bakery house cakes, what a clever idea to add honeycomb crunch toffee as topping, but I would advise to add on the sliced cake itself instead of the topping cos the toffee crunch will soften & melt when is place on a moist surface. (Will try to post recipe for toffee crunch this wkend)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can I ask how you made the cream lathered on the chiffon? Is it just whipped cream or does something else need to be added? Thanks.

I'm now based in HK so the cake is within reach but I'm hoping to my my own so as to make the whole thing less sweet ... find HK people like their sweets sweeter than Singaporean people generally do ...

Happy CNY in advance.

Amy B. said...

Oh wow, that's a beautiful cake! I'm not really an expert in baking yet as I'm still learning. I would love to try this one out when I get the guts to make cakes. This definitely goes to my to-do list! thanks for sharing ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your cake and can't find the recipe for the chiffon cake with the honeycomb crunch, as it looks fab and I would love to try! Are you going to share it?
Keen cake maker in Kennedy Road.