Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Classic Black Forest Gateau,Happy Birthday to Me




I have been desperately craving for a Real Classic Black forest cake recently.what I mean classic? its got to be full of kirsch soak Genoise, layers of rich Valhorna chocolate mousse, "Fabri" syrup soak black cherries embeded on whipped cream, topped with lots of pipe whipp cream with stem cherries , this is what I pronounced as Classic Black Forest.

Are you willing to pay for S$7.50 for a slice of store bought black forest cake mainly filled with fresh whipped cream, NO ! I DON'T

Do you bake your own Birthday cake ? Now I do , my first homebake birthday cake, don't ask me why, just the frst own bake .
Happy Birthday to Me ! To all the July Birthday Girs/Boys, This is the cake for you.


2 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

Happy Birthday to you! That's a very pretty cake! I would like to have a black forest cake for my birthday next year. Wish you happy, healthy and cheerful everyday!

P/S: May I know where can I get the chocolate curls?

Afternoontea said...

Dear Grace, tks for the greeting.
Black Forest cake does bring back fonds memories. as for the chocolate curls, got this ready one from Sunlit,you can always shave your own from a chocolate bar.cheers